What UniformOnScreenKeyboard, OnScreenKeyboardSection and OnScreenKey are for?

Dec 18, 2010 at 12:27 PM

Hi Nice control - used it in 2 project so far and works great

I am wondering what UniformOnScreenKeyboard, OnScreenKeyboardSection and OnScreenKey are for?  Can we build our own keyboards with these? If Yes can you please indicate how?

I basically need to extend your keypad by adding some keys to it like the enter key for a Point of Sales System

Coordinator
Dec 19, 2010 at 11:53 PM
Hi,
Great to hear its working for you.
The UniformOnScreenKeyboard uses a UniformGrid as the layoutpanel so all of the keys are exactly the same size, just like in the Keypad example you mentioned.
Yes you can create your own keyboards. The best example I can think of is to download the source code and take a look at how the OnScreenKeypad (or any of the keyboards) are built. The implementation is purely in code, it isn't a very markup-friendly control set, but it is somewhat pragmatic and very easy to roll your own keyboard from code. Let me know if you get stuck.
Mike

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 11:27 PM, exorgroup <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Nice control - used it in 2 project so far and works great

I am wondering what UniformOnScreenKeyboard, OnScreenKeyboardSection and OnScreenKey are for? Can we build our own keyboards with these? If Yes can you please indicate how?

I basically need to extend your keypad by adding some keys to it like the enter key for a Point of Sales System

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wpfkb@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email wpfkb@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Dec 20, 2010 at 8:16 PM

I got stuck in implementing one key - I need a clear key that when press it clears the content of the text box - Similar concept like the clear key (C or CE) of a calculator?  Any idea how this can be implemented?

Coordinator
Dec 20, 2010 at 8:55 PM
That's great. All you need to do is hook up the key to a method that will clear the value. If you are using a ViewModel you'd simply
Clear the property on the view model. Otherwise you could clear the text box or simulate a CTRL-A followed by a delete using the InputSimulator.

Hope that helps
Mike

Sent from my phone

On 21/12/2010, at 7:16 AM, "exorgroup" <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

I got stuck in implementing one key - I need a clear key that when press it clears the content of the text box - Similar concept like the clear key (C or CE) of a calculator? Any idea how this can be implemented?