How about multilingual support?

May 6, 2010 at 8:35 PM
At first the very powerful project. Get to the point how about to change layout labels to a current keyboard layout?
Coordinator
May 6, 2010 at 9:14 PM
Hi ljuk,

At the moment to change the keyboard layout you just need to download the source code and look at the C# code that declares each of the keys into a different row of the keyboard grid.  It's actually quite easy when you see how the code is structure, it's just not yet very intuitive to do using a declarative XAML markup.

As for multilingual that shouldn't be any problem as long as you hook up the right VirtualKeyCode for each key on the non-english keyboard, which might take some research interpreting which VirtualKeyCode represents which extended key.

Hope that helps.
Mike
Jun 3, 2010 at 7:32 AM
Thank you, Mike!
Coordinator
Jun 7, 2010 at 1:26 AM
Hi,

Can you give me any more details?

The keyboard simply calls the SendInput method with the specified VirtualKey code (VK code). The reality is that I didn't have a good test case for multilingual support at the time.

If you can send me through the sample code file/project, I can help you from there.

Cheers,
Mike

On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 4:32 PM, ljuk <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Thank you, Mike!

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wpfkb@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email wpfkb@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Dec 2, 2011 at 1:01 AM
Edited Dec 2, 2011 at 1:17 AM

Hi Mike,

great work and it looks beautiful ;)

I'm trying to use it with german layout, but I'm a bit confused with changing it,hmm.

When chaning

new ShiftSensitiveKey(VirtualKeyCode.VK_2, new List<string> { "2", "@" }

to

new ShiftSensitiveKey(VirtualKeyCode.VK_2, new List<string> { "2", "\"" }

the desired key is sent but with wrong symbol in xaml.

I think I've to use it with the right codes from winuser.h which is within the project or I am totally doing the wrong way?

Thanks for help

Coordinator
Dec 2, 2011 at 1:19 AM
Hey Bjorn,

It looks like you're doing the right thing. The first parameter is the VirtualKeyCode that will be sent using InputSimulator when that key is pressed, and as you said, the right data is being simulated. The second paramter is the characters that get rendered in the XAML. The first in the list is when the key is in its natural state, and the second is when the key is in the modified state (ie; shift).

Can you try creating a standard (non-shift sensitive) key with the symbology you want and see what happens?

Cheers,
Mike

On Fri, Dec 2, 2011 at 11:01 AM, supaburn <notifications@codeplex.com> wrote:

Hi Mike,

great work and it looks beautiful!

I'm trying to use it with german layout, but I'm a bit confused with changing it,hmm.

When chaning new

new ShiftSensitiveKey(VirtualKeyCode.VK_2, new List<string> { "2", "@" }

to

new ShiftSensitiveKey(VirtualKeyCode.VK_2, new List<string> { "2", "\"" }

the desired key is sent but with wrong symbol in xaml.

I think I've to use it with the right codes from winuser.h which is within the project or I am totally doing the wrong way?

Thanks for help

Björn

Read the full discussion online.

To add a post to this discussion, reply to this email (wpfkb@discussions.codeplex.com)

To start a new discussion for this project, email wpfkb@discussions.codeplex.com

You are receiving this email because you subscribed to this discussion on CodePlex. You can unsubscribe or change your settings on codePlex.com.

Please note: Images and attachments will be removed from emails. Any posts to this discussion will also be available online at codeplex.com

Dec 2, 2011 at 2:09 AM
Edited Dec 2, 2011 at 2:28 AM

Thanks for your quick answer Mike.

and WinUser.h delievers the right key code? For example, I searched for VirtualKeyCode.OEM_3 in winuser and found VK_OEM_3 with 0xC0.

So I tried this:

new VirtualKey(VirtualKeyCode. "@")

I'm still searching for the right keycode @ in VirtualKeyCode enumeration.